Thursday, January 13, 2011

Did MLK really die?

Years ago, black people werent able to have the same rights as others, but is it still like that? I say not really. Black people do have the same rights as everyone now though. Since we have a black president and all that. But there are some things less obvious. But nothing that big. So in my opinion, if MLK was still alive, he'd be happily retired.
When i say less obvious, i mean its in some peoples morals to not have their kids marry within their ethnicity. Or like a black guy not getting a job over a white guy. As far as we've come, race still does matter. If it didnt matter at all, ares wouldnt only have typically one race like they do now. So as i was saying, in society now, people still look at the color of your skin. Some parents would be furious if their daughter married a black guy. I even act differently when im around white people than around black people. Kids talk about it all the time (joking). So racism will never go away. I mean, thats probably why we have a black president. Even if we dont hate each other, there will still be that thought in your head about what they think of your race. There will also always be steriotypes that'll make people judge you. Therefore, my answer is not really.

1 comment:

  1. I also think that there is definitely discrmination still in the world, but I see the world as being far more tolerant of racial differences. I personally feel like I tend to act a bit more stereotypical because of the people I tend to hang around, but I think I am far from racist though. Good blog though. STOP MARRYING PAULINA & JOANNE lol

    ReplyDelete